Richard Matthews is PhD Student at the University of Adelaide. His research areas are broad and focus on forensic identification using sensor pattern noise from digital image sensors, cybersecurity including blockchain, security of wearables and social engineering as well as additive and advanced manufacturing with the principal focus of democratising the technology.
Prior to joining the academy, he served in the Royal Australian Air Force as an Officer. He received a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with honours in 2014 from the University of Adelaide. He is an Academic Consultant with the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre focused on 3D Printing and prototyping and a casual academic with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering since 2015. He served on the University’s Academic Board in 2016 and 2017 he was re-elected for a further two-year term as a member of the University of Adelaide governing council.
Research projects seeking collaboration:
- Copyright and 3D Printing – A comparison of the current patent system and how creative commons can address issues of ownership.
- How can you beat online piracy and make money from 3D models by sharing online when the very nature of the internet is open?
- SLA/DLP printing in multilayer resins – A study of light ray dispersion using lenses to harden multilayered resins of different curing wavelength.
- Can a lens be used to split light into different wavelengths using the natural dispersion properties of the resins commonly used in SLA/DLP printing to speed up manufacturing by increasing the layer depth?
- Adaptive Manufacturing STL Store – an online marketplace of curated digital blueprints that meet international and Australian standards for manufacturing.
- How is this possible? What sort of consumer change would be needed to drive such a marketplace? Could the success of iTunes bundled with the iPod be used to drive the next S curve of innovation in 3D Printing?
Publication list can be downloaded here
A BibTeX file containing all of my publications or media appearances can be downloaded here.