University of Adelaide Researcher Profile
I am currently engaged as a Casual Lecturer at the University of Adelaide. A full description of my current research activities can be found on my institutional researcher profile.
This can be accessed at: https://researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/richard.matthews
You can find my latest preprints on ResearchGate.
My publications are listed on Publons.
The best example of my H-index is found on Google Scholar.
My thesis was academically approved on the 8th of April 2019 and can be accessed here. I was conferred my doctorate on the 30th of June 2019.
My Research Focus:
I am currently focused on research into cyber threats using the cyber kill chain model. My interests lie under four key pillars:
- Media Provenance
- Emerging Technologies
- Intelligence Applications
- Forensic applications for the court
This is built upon the foundations of engagement, education and entrepreneurship.
I have academic expertise drawn from my degrees in engineering, business and cyber in the following interdisciplinary areas:
- Cyber policy, law, strategy, and information warfare.
- Digital forensics.
- Governance, particularly academic governance.
- Systems engineering.
- Engineering professional practice.
I am always open to interdisciplinary work. Please contact me to discuss projects in the above areas.
Active Student Research Programs:
- Space platform securing including the assessment of global navigation systems.
- Bus protocol security including CANBus, Flexray and USB.
- Development of tools for law enforcement application.
Previous major programs included:
- Penetration testing of children smartwatches.
- Comparing and contrasting forensic imaging methodologies using the latest 3D technologies.
Scholarships and Awards
2020 Snapchat Bug Bounty
2020 Netflix Security Researcher Hall of Fame
2019 Excellence in Teaching, Faculty Award.
2019 Adelaide MBA Community Achievement Scholarship
2018 Semi-Finalist Channel 7 Young Achiever of the Year University of Adelaide STEM Award
2018 First place international cyber security exercise relating to Maritime security
2018 Simon Rockcliffe Travel Award
2017 First place International cyber security exercise relating to Social Engineering
2015 APA/RTP Scholarship – University of Adelaide Scholarship
2014 Australian Defence Medal
2008 TIA Industry Scholarship
2008 Australian Commonwealth Scholarship
2006 Australian Defence Force Academy Education Award